Around Chopstick Languages (Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean)
Here is a list of documents and works related to Chinese or Vietnamese:
- Waseikango 和制汉语, a list of the Chinese words created by Japanese during the Meiji era, to describe new western concept. I’ve compiled the list myself from 2 sources.
- Shuowen 说文解字 , an online XLS copy of the ancient etymological dictionary, with 11,100 entries. I’ve heavily customized it to analyze the text through excel functions and extract data systematically.
- KoreoViet 韩越南字 , A Korean-inspired phonetic script for Vietnamese.
- Neo Nom 新喃 , a Japanese-inspired reconstruction of the ancient script Nôm, for learning purpose! If you know a bit of Chinese, that will gives you some keys to consolidate Vietnamese with what you know.
- Voc Pro, a vocabulary list for professional context (technical, office) with translations in Vietnamese, Chinese, German, Spanish, and Bahasa.
- Etymology of sinograms, a selection of some graphical etymologies.